Hafa Adai!

A spot to follow the adventures of a newlywed moving from Guam to Georgia so she can be there when he gets home from their first deployment. Thanks for joining me! I hope you enjoy and/or find something useful!

Tuesday 16 August 2011

work and working out.

My cousins left, the final signal that summer is coming to an end. I miss you guys already, especially considering you're my only followers at the moment.
 I normally use the first day of school as the signal, but that no longer matters to me, because I'm DONE! Done attending here, anyway. We'll see what Georgia's got going on , and if I have time considering I plan on flooding myself with extracurricular activities when I get there. I plan on taking up knitting, for example. Practical and calming, or so I've read. I'll be able to make meaningful personalized gifts for everyone! I think my hands need to things other than typing, and this ought to be good exercise. 


I've just been moved up at work again, and I suppose I can't complain! It's a lot more work and responsibility, but I think I need that right now. I don't want to get lazy now that school's over. I'm easing back into my work out routine as well, to keep me occupied at night. I usually workout alone, mainly because it gives me time to think and really get in tune with myself. I tried doing some basic yoga poses and a few months really takes a toll on flexibility, so I'm starting up on that too. My goal is to lose my last 20 without gym equipment or drastic changes to my lifestyle. I know myself, and any major changes = major bounce back. My previous method worked quite well, I lost weight consistently for months and have kept it off since then. Another reason I want to get more fit? I can't wait to do the Warrior Dash next year with my husband, cousin, and brother! I refuse to be the one lagging behind. I have good endurance, it's my speed I need to work on. Speed and upper body! I can walk, jog, and squat all day but I don't recall ever being able to do a pull-up. Better if I lay out goals, just to solidify things, isn't it? Here they are.



  1. Do 5 pull-ups
  2. Get to size 7 by January 2012
  3. Complete the Warrior Dash with my family


I considered doing the Zombie run being held in MD this October (my brother's joining it!), but I won't be able to make it. My new passport isn't in yet, and I've got this new thing at work, so I'm kind of stuck. I also watched the trailer and will admit that it freaked me out. I seriously do not like being followed, much less chased. I'm a big zombie fan, but I'm not down for that. I'd be terrified. It sounded more fun than it looked. I'll just stick to watching the movies, thank you.

I guess it's work and working out until I get on the plane!

Note: I'm using the Georgia font, how fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment