Hafa Adai!

A spot to follow the adventures of a newlywed moving from Guam to Georgia so she can be there when he gets home from their first deployment. Thanks for joining me! I hope you enjoy and/or find something useful!

Friday 23 September 2011

Oh Happy Days

Overall, I've had a fantastic week. Aside from the pregnancy blah blahs, which I'm getting accustomed to, I was able to hang out with some friends!

Brief rundown: 
Monday - Lion King  in 3D with Elainey, topped off with Ice Cream! I came really close to crying in the theatre, but I fought it off. Here's one victory over the hormones!
Tuesday - Warrior with Neil, followed by an amazing impromptu dinner at a nice korean bbq place, where we fiddled around with the grill because we didn't really know what we were doing.
Wednesday - I can't really recall what I did that evening. I was most likely asleep.
Thursday - STOMP! as in Broadway! Loved every pounding minute of it! I'd definitely take my family to watch it again. Thanks work for being awesome and getting us tickets!
Friday - Just came from a birthday party for my cousin. There was a lot of food, but all I really ate was potato salad and 2 cupcakes. I waited all night for those cupcakes, and they were scrumptious.

I'm excited for tomorrow, it's Cirque Shanghai with Bruce! And on Sunday I'll most likely spend the day with my ma and auntie =) I had a few grumpy bumps in the week, but aside from one incident of irrational anger because I wasn't able to pick up my prescription, all was well! I have to share pictures with you ...




This week has been amazing for so many other reasons. One is that I finally got updated pics of Majah and she looks very, very happy.
I'm glad I found her a home that she really meshes with, and I don't think I could have done any better =)

Another is my 10 week appointment went well! Slightly uncomfortable, but let me tell you, the pain just washes away once you see the screen.So far all is happy and healthy and active! Let's just say that I didn't get the ultrasound I was expecting, and cramping resulted. I wouldn't have changed a thing though.

Lastly, because I'm really starting to appreciate what a loving and amazing man I married. The last few weeks have been really difficult for him, and I couldn't grasp why he was so busy or rushed or tired... it's because from 8000 miles away he was thinking of me. I must confess that I went into this seeing myself as the organizer and the get things done person. I found out today, the day he leaves for his deployment, that he was getting everything settled so that when I get there, I don't have a hard time. He set up everything from the post office to the housing, to organizing his stuff in storage so that it would be easy for me to take out and sort, prepaid his bills and set aside funds... and I almost couldn't believe how much he was able to accomplish in just a month. I of course come back with "I'm not frail!" but I guess for him it was important. He says it's his way of being there because he can't physically be here at the moment, and that he doesn't want me to stress or worry about these things right now. I have to admit that I appreciate the gesture and am very glad because it will make things a lot easier when I get there.

The thing that moved me most of all was that before he got off the phone with me today, he said that he prayed, and of all things, for me. My husband is not exactly a religious, spiritual, praying man. He's very passionate and determined and many other things, but praying isn't something that he does a lot of, even though I do it all the time. So when he said that to me, I have to say that I never felt so loved and so sure of us than I ever have before. I was in awe. I didn't know what to say, I was just so overcome with everything. To know that of the very few times he has ever prayed, of all the things and people he could pray for, he thought of me just meant so much I can't even begin to explain. He surprises me everyday. I think he's going to be a wonderful father.

Love from me and the little one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment